[taxon-data-model] Re: taxon data model

Markus Döring m.doering at BGBM.org
Thu Jun 7 17:00:53 CEST 2007

Éamonn,

I have prepared a simple SpeciesPage example based on the current
ontology.
http://ww3.bgbm.org/tmp/abiesalba.rdf

I hope this helps and also that it's really correct. At least it
validates with w3c's validator.
You can also view it with the new AJAX based OpenLink RDF browser:
http://demo.openlinksw.com/DAV/JS/rdfbrowser/index.html

two things struck me when writing this example:
- where do I put a PublicationCitation? I would want to cite all
sources for every information and I dont know where/how. Is this
missing or part of the base/core ontology already?
- hasInformation is a bit redundant, but the validator did complain
when I declared all InfoItems under a single hasInformation node. Was
this intended? I guess yes, cause otherwise the InfoItems would have
to be properties.

best wishes
--
Markus