[Biogeosdi] GBIF REST services

Javier de la Torre jatorre at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 13:58:05 CEST 2007

Hey guys,

Seems that the GBIF REST services have changed since we coded... the
GbifOccurrenceSax.php class that Dave programmed is hadling manually
namespaces expecting things like "dwc:ScientificName". In the
response from the REST services now you will get things like
"<tn:nameComplete>" so...

Another change on the format that the data is comming and another
crash on the application...

What do you think? Should we update this to the new format? or we
make a note on the report and explain that because people keep
changing the XML format they are using behind their services, without
changing the semantics, it is a pain for applications? Aghh. There
should be like in Google Maps a parameter specifying which version
you wanna have returned to keep things stable.

In any case I could not resist and updated the GbifOccurrenceSax
class to use the new format....

Still there is no way to tell GBIF only to return occurrences with
coordinates. I will ask Donald.

Cheers.

Javier.