[Biogeosdi] the EDIT connection

Renato De Giovanni renato at cria.org.br
Tue Jun 26 19:57:04 CEST 2007

Hi Javi,

> And still there is the problem that omws is creating the XML
> structure for the getLayers operation based on the file structure
> where the real layers are stored.

This is not a problem, it's a feature.
In our "official" instance of omws there are about 4.000 layers
available, which are hierarchically organized in the file system. We
wanted omws to represent the layers in the same way.

> If someone wanna try then using a SAX parser style, like Dave is
> doing with occurrences, will solve the problem and not take into
> consideration the XML structure... At the end it is a kind of
> theoretic problem, our code is trying to flat a non-flat XML structure.

Although the strucure is recursive, yes, you can very easily get a
flat representation of it using SAX. It's up to the client to ignore
or not the hierarchy.

Best Regards,
--
Renato