[tdwg-ncd] Moore Foundation bid bullet points
N.Thomson at nhm.ac.uk
Tue Nov 7 13:05:23 CET 2006
The bid for funding to the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation must be with Lee Belbin by a week tomorrow. I am currently drafting the 2-page bid, which needs to be a basic "who what when and how much".
To that end, I am suggesting the following bullet points and have pencilled in names for some of them. Please let me know if you would like to work on any of these or, if you are already named, whether you are happy to be named. Also, please indicate any other activities for which we could request funds from the Moore Foundation.
Note that this bid is largely concerned with the integration of NCD with TDWG activities and a separate bid is to be made by the end of the month for the development of the NLBIF database and the testing of what will become the NCD toolkit.
I would also welcome help with the estimation of costs for these activities.
Here are the main points:
This bid is for funds to cover the following activities, to a total of xxxx US dollars.
* Investigate the requirements for NCD to make use of LSIDs and return RDF from the test database (Markus Döring)
* Determine the best use of NCD in describing organisations, using existing identifiers and CODENS (????)
* Linkage with biographical databases and IPNI authors (Level 1 and level 2 person information) (Neil Thomson)
* Documentation - Introduction, User Guide, Data creation and migration (Connie Rinaldo, editor)
* Interaction of NCD with TDWG ontology (????)
* Organise and hold NCD 2007 Workshop (????)
With thanks for your help,
Head of Data & Digital Systems
The Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, London SW7 5BD
Tel: +44 (0)20 7942 5294,
Fax: +44 (0)20 7942 5559,
Email: n.thomson at nhm.ac.uk
More information about the tdwg-content