[Tdwg-obs] Tdwg-obs Digest, Vol 5, Issue 2

tdwg at achapman.org tdwg at achapman.org
Fri Feb 10 00:34:01 CET 2006

Seems we are on the same page, Robert

At the moment, I am preparing (for the BioGeomancer project) a document oin "Best Practices for Georeferencing" which will discuss in detail how to calculate Uncertainty.  At the moment, we are using a Point Radius Method (hence the Darwin Core element), but this is likely to move to footprinting in the future.  Also be aware, that the Geospatial Elements are being removed from Darwin Core 2, to be obtained via an Extension related to GML.  These will still include Uncertainty Elements.

Cheers

Arthur D. Chapman