Correct term for collating/summarizing/consolidating/inferring from below

Peter Rauch peterr at SOCRATES.BERKELEY.EDU
Wed Mar 12 09:45:28 CET 2003

If "inducing" (not "inducting") a genus concept ("description")
is unacceptable, then how about "synthesizing" a genus
description ("concept") from the data garnered from the
to-be-included species definitions (concepts)? (And, do other
"related" genera/species influence one's thinking in the
formulation of this new genus's concept/description too?)

 Peter