(RQT) character/state/comment

Noel Cross noelc at OEB.HARVARD.EDU
Tue Dec 21 10:26:48 CET 1999

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Gregor Hagedorn wrote:

> If I understand this correctly, it assumes that there would be a
> general "property" entity. An instance of this entity would then be
> the property "shape", which has a list of generally applicable
> values. Some of these values would apply to leaves as well as to
> butterfly wings, other may be more specific.

Actually, what I'd like to see as a requirement is more modest than this.
I simply propose that there should be the possibility of explicitly
recording a property name, which need not have any global significance.

The property could be expressed in many ways, but for the sake of an
example I suggest that we might possibly have a DELTA character that
looked like this:

  #2. body <@property degree of convexity>/
       1. strongly flattened/
       2. slightly flattened to moderately convex/
       3. strongly convex/

-Noel