[tdwg-tag] Do terms in the http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/ namespace actually resolve?

Steve Baskauf steve.baskauf at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Aug 25 01:43:10 CEST 2010

I was doing some GUID testing using a Linked Data client and I noticed
that some Darwin Core terms did not seem to resolve to anything.  I ran
a test using
http://demo.openlinksw.com/rdfbrowser2/
http://api.talis.com/stores/iand-dev1/items/dipper.html
http://www5.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/marbles/
and
http://dataviewer.zitgist.com/
I first I looked up
http://purl.org/dc/terms/creator
and all four clients reported the properties of the term.  Then I tried
http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/basisOfRecord
and nothing happened with any of them.  I ran a Vapour
http://validator.linkeddata.org/vapour
validation on the basisOfRecord URI and got the following message:

Vapour was unable to complete the request due to the following exception:

ForbiddenAddress: forbidden request from 98.87.45.8 to http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/basisOfRecord (resolves to IP 192.38.28.106), internal IP addresses are forbidden

I have no idea what that means, but all of this seems to mean that
Darwin Core is currently "broken" from a Linked Data point of view.

Steve

--
Steven J. Baskauf, Ph.D., Senior Lecturer
Vanderbilt University Dept. of Biological Sciences

postal mail address:
VU Station B 351634
Nashville, TN  37235-1634,  U.S.A.

delivery address:
2125 Stevenson Center
1161 21st Ave., S.
Nashville, TN 37235

office: 2128 Stevenson Center
phone: (615) 343-4582,  fax: (615) 343-6707
http://bioimages.vanderbilt.edu