[tdwg-tag] RESTful TAG meeting in Fremantle?

Roger Hyam rogerhyam at mac.com
Mon Oct 13 13:36:23 CEST 2008

My attention finally comes back round to preparing the TAG Roadmap.
Following our discussions on REST I have added a short section to the
Roadmap. You can read it here:

http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/TAG/RoadMap2008#REST_Services

This may be seen as controversial so please read it. Notably I say
"HTTP should be thought of as the universal syntax for addressable
resources. "

I will convert this page to PDF in about 24 hours time so please speak
now if you have issues.

Markus has pointed out that we don't have a formal meeting of the TAG
booked for Fremantle.

There is a free slot on Sunday 19th  0900-1300 (Notre Dame University
Education Centre room 36.103) and I have requested the room. If we get
the room we it will give us a venue to meet up but it is unfortunately
parallel to several other meetings:

http://www.tdwg.org/conference2008/program/

It might also be worth having a brief meeting at the end of the
conference to round up whether anything that has been presented
affects the TAG position.

Any thoughts?

Roger

Roger Hyam
Roger at BiodiversityCollectionsIndex.org
http://www.BiodiversityCollectionsIndex.org
Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
20A Inverleith Row, Edinburgh, EH3 5LR, UK
Tel: +44 131 552 7171 ext 3015
Fax: +44 131 248 2901
http://www.rbge.org.uk/