[tdwg-tapir] Updates and plans

Renato De Giovanni renato at cria.org.br
Mon Oct 13 15:04:41 CEST 2008

Hi Tim,

If the provider only has a dump file and is not planning to offer any
TAPIR operation in the future, I certainly agree there's nothing much to
do with TAPIR. However, we all know that data harvesters may benefit if
real TAPIR providers do offer some sort of dump file to help in the
initial load. In this case, isn't it better to know from the capabilities
response that the provider has a dump file in a certain format available
in a certain place? If we don't include this information as part of a
capabilities response, how would you know about it? I'm sure you'll prefer
not to receive this additional information by e-mail from each provider...

Regarding TAPIRLite, the example you gave will only be technically correct
if the service is also able to respond the 3 (currently) mandatory
operations (metadata, capabilities and ping) and if the query template is
defined according to the TAPIR spec.

Best Regards,
--
Renato