[tdwg-tapir] Minor changes

Renato De Giovanni renato at cria.org.br
Tue May 22 01:12:41 CEST 2007

Hi Markus,

I agree we can add "subject" and "bibliographicalCitation" to the list of
predefined variables. dct:modified is already present in "lastUpdated".

We never considered multiplicity of environment variables or relationships
between them. In principle they should be just single independent values.
My suggestion is to keep using this simple approach, unless we really need
more complex functionality.

Anyway, adding more values to the official list of variables is the kind
of change that we should always be able to do without bringing impact to
the existing implementations. Perhaps we could be more strict by adding a
prefix to all TAPIR predefined variables and then defining the
corresponding type as the union between the list of prefixed values and
any string that does not start with the prefix. This way at least we
completely avoid name clashes with custom variables.

I'm using simple rules to get the content of technicalContactName and
technicalContactEmail. I just get the first system administrator of the
first technical host entity. In the case of contentContactName and
contentContactEmail I get the first data administrator of the first data
supplier entity. The specification should also be explicit about this.

Let me know if you have other ideas.

Best Regards,
--
Renato