[Tdwg-guid] Request for Comments on the TDWG LSID Applicability Statement

Ricardo Pereira ricardo at tdwg.org
Wed Oct 11 14:22:45 CEST 2006

    Dear GUID and TAG members,

    As we mentioned in an earlier message last month, the TDWG GUID
group has been working on a draft of the TDWG LSID Applicability
Statement. This document is planed to serve as guideline for
implementation of LSID resolvers in biodiversity information
applications. This specification will summarize all agreed decisions by
the GUID group and address the requirements of the TAG group.

    We would like to ask you to please review the current draft of the
document and provide your comments and feedback.

    The document under review is available at:

http://www.tdwg.gbif.org/uploads/media/TDWG_LSID_Applicability_Statement_11_10_2006.doc

    To make comments and provide feedback, please follow the
instructions on the following page on the TDWG GUID wiki:

http://wiki.gbif.org/guidwiki/wikka.php?wakka=TdwgLsidApplicabilityStatement

    When we are all satisfied with the contents of this applicability
statement, we intend to ratify it as a TDWG standard.

    Again, we would really appreciate your comments and feedback.

    Best regards,

The TDWG Infrastructure Team (TIP)