[tdwg-tapir] RE: WG: tapir: capabilities

Renato De Giovanni renato at cria.org.br
Mon Jul 17 23:00:45 CEST 2006

Hi,

If I remember well, the "view" operation was re-included in the
protocol just to handle query templates, especifically for TapirLite
providers. So if someone wants to query a provider using some
external output model that should be dynamically parsed, then the
"search" operation must be used instead (using either XML or simple
GET request). View operations are really bound to query templates,
and they are not allowed to specify "filter" or "partial" parameters.
--
Renato