[tdwg-tapir] RE: WG: tapir: capabilities

John R. WIECZOREK tuco at berkeley.edu
Mon Jul 17 23:30:20 CEST 2006

A little off topic, but it occurs to me that a great deal of work is still
ongoing with TAPIR, which suggests to me that it may be warranted to
re-state my request for a simple message type - a log request. This request
would be the same as a search request, except that the caller doesn't need a
response. Providers would use this type of request to log data usage if the
data were retrieved from a cache elsewhere. I remember talking about this in
Berlin, at which time there was supposed to be a feature freeze. Clearly
we've gone beyond that, so I'm requesting it again.