greetings

Benjamin H Szekely bhszekel at US.IBM.COM
Thu Jan 19 11:31:28 CET 2006

Hi All,
    Thank you again for including me in your workshop.  From reading Rod's
paper and many of the following comments, it seems that this community is
certainly on the right track and shares a similar vision for LSIDs and
metadata to that of our development team here in Cambridge, MA.  I
encourage anybody to ask questions on the list about LSID or Semantic Web
technology in general.  Our team has been elbow deep in the Semantic Web
for 3 years and have been working on a wide variety of projects outside of
LSID including Storage and replication, annotation, workflow, and
RDF-based user interfaces,

I am tentatively planning to organize my talk as follows:

- Overview of LSID (10-15 minutes)

- Survey of global LSID participation (10-15 minutes)

- Brief overview of IBM Cambridge Semantic Web projects (5 minutes)

I am certainly open to reorganization.  I'm not planning on discussing too
many technical and implementation details, but I'd be happy to discuss
these throughout the week at the workshop.

- Ben

--=_alternative 005AC3DE852570FB_=

me in your workshop. &nbsp;From reading Rod's paper and many of the following
comments, it seems that this community is certainly on the right track
and shares a similar vision for LSIDs and metadata to that of our development
team here in Cambridge, MA. &nbsp;I encourage anybody to ask questions
on the list about LSID or Semantic Web technology in general. &nbsp;Our
team has been elbow deep in the Semantic Web for 3 years and have been
working on a wide variety of projects outside of LSID including Storage
and replication, annotation, workflow, and &nbsp;RDF-based user interfaces,
my talk as follows:</font>
(10-15 minutes)</font>
Web projects (5 minutes)</font>
&nbsp;I'm not planning on discussing too many technical and implementation
details, but I'd be happy to discuss these throughout the week at the workshop.
&nbsp;</font>