GUIDs for Taxon Names and Taxon Concepts

Nozomi Ytow nozomi at BIOL.TSUKUBA.AC.JP
Tue Nov 15 08:34:24 CET 2005

Rich,

> > "explicitly implied"  is actually contradiction in terms:
> Agreed -- but I couldn't think of a different term to express what I meant.

As one of NameUasage camp, I would rephrase as:

"Any data object reprsenting an occurrence of a NameString as it
 appears, or, interpreted as explicit by the data provider,
 within some form of static documentation."

I suspect we may slipping off from data object identification
to how to when one should create a data objects.

I'm very sorry that my real life prevents to contribute, or even to
read the on-going important discussion on GUID...

Cheers,
James