[TDWG-MIDS] vocabularies for characterizing samples

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Thu Apr 29 22:18:10 UTC 2021

Thanks, Steve, for sharing this!

Likewise, for several years we have been exploring a way to harmonize our natural sciences collections with our cultural, anthropological and archaeological collections, and have generally found unexpectedly high degrees of similarity in terms of data modelling and data management needs.  I would add my voice to the chorus that we should move the biodiversity standards in a direction that makes them compatible with non-biodiversity collections/research data management needs.

Aloha,

Rich

Richard L. Pyle, PhD
Senior Curator of Ichthyology | Director of XCoRE

Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum

1525 Bernice Street, Honolulu, HI 96817-2704

Office: (808) 848-4115;  Fax: (808) 847-8252

eMail: deepreef at bishopmuseum.org

 <http://hbs.bishopmuseum.org/staff/pylerichard.html> BishopMuseum.org