[tdwg-humboldt] no meeting today

John Wieczorek gtuco.btuco at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 18:33:26 UTC 2024

Hi folks,

On Wed, Mar 27, 2024 at 6:01 AM Yanina Sica <yanina.sica at gmail.com> wrote:

>    - John, is it possible to have the GBIF IPT updated with eco: terms so
>       we can share these datasets using it?
>
> Steve and I have finished updating Humboldt to a) include the ecoiri: term
equivalents as appropriate, b) update the corresponding eco: terms to
include references to their ecoiri: equivalents, c) remove the comments
recommending to the unit ontology as we find it unusable as it currently
stands, d) integrated the Humboldt documents on tdwg.org with the Darwin
Core menu system so one can navigate seamlessly between Darwin Core and its
extensions, e) updated the XML extension definition for the IPT, and f)
requested GBIF to move the Humboldt Extension into production so that it
can be used in production versions of the IPT. I think, with all of this
behind us, we have done everything needed for Humboldt Extension until
which time it is ready to evolve.

Cheers to all for an effective and successful Task Group!