[tdwg-humboldt] meeting today

Yanina Sica yanina.sica at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 09:05:54 UTC 2024

Dear Humboldties,

I am very sorry I will not be able to celebrate the submission of the
extension for ratification. I am currently on a train back to Germany with
a poor internet connection so I will not join the meeting today.

Some notes from my end that would be nice if you can discuss today:
- the executive board meeting will be next Tuesday so we will probably have
news on the ratification by then. Let's aim for a big meeting on Wed next
week to celebrate!
- Wesley has shared a subset of eBird data mapped with the Humboldt
extension. Zach and Ani are still working on 2 more datasets. Once those
are finished we can start the process of ending the Task Group.
- Many of you have received an email from Lien Reyserhove about a new task
group (or activating an old one) on IAS management and vocabulary (which I
think could be expanded to include disturbances and other habitat
modifications). She is organizing a meeting so let me know if you did not
receive her email and you are interested in participating.
- Work on the documentation and HE user guide is led by Kate (and GBIF more
generally). Please Kate, let us know if you need anything from us.
- Rob S. and I started drafting the HE paper. It is not too advanced and we
are still working on the overview or key messages but if you want to take a
look and/or collaborate, this is the document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/171Blq1BDza_psrIQtBH-USIBzRuJAz-KQ4vS-xYnG3M/edit#heading=h.5b11ws303ok5

Have a great meeting,

See you next week,

Yani