[tdwg-humboldt] Summary of meeting and next steps

Yanina Sica yanina.sica at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 16:24:44 UTC 2023

Hi all,

We had a great discussion today, thanks for being so flexible and staying
longer!

We arrived at the conclusion that we will include 'bycatch' terms.
One of the main issues with these terms was that the scopes were unclear
(species out of taxonomic scope vs species out of lifeStage, growthForm
scopes, etc). It became apparent that we needed to differentiate those
cases so we propose 4 terms, 3 terms related to Taxa out of scope and 1
term related to Organisms out of organismal scopes. See here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/184BjPL-Kd9lv_x39sVGNxFKFlb4hY_Xsli5_dmnBMqs/edit>
the 4 terms and their definitions.* Please review the 'bycatch' terms and
share your thoughts before Friday 18. *Unless any of you has a strong
feeling against it, John will include these terms as part of the main
vocabulary.

We ran out of time, and were not able to discuss the Hierarchical document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r_XMEgB7p7OI7a5Ouq6G9oa7LmQFPcFhZZCLD9gWOIE/edit#heading=h.a0hj80sigtm6>.
Ming, John, Ani and Kate will meet on Friday or Monday to finish it.*
Please let me know if you would like to join our discussion.*

We reviewed the List of Authors
<https://github.com/tdwg/hc/blob/main/build/authors_configuration.yaml> and
there was no major opposition. Basically our criteria of inclusion was to
include every Task Group member that joined a considerable number of
meetings and discussions plus the 3 authors of the original
publication.  *Please
let me know If you have any thoughts regarding the inclusion and order of
authors or if we forgot somebody!*

We also assigned people (mostly Kate) responsible for:

   - Reviewing isLeastSpecificTargetCategoryQuantityInclusive
   <https://github.com/tdwg/hc/blob/main/docs/inclusive/index.md>
   - Yani and John will review
      - Reviewing Implementation report
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RFdSHoyzWCQk9qO6uup4xQjWOMzPyBb-A0mcjj98hbk/edit#heading=h.l89l0grun7cp>,
   making sure latest advances are captured in the text (e.g. Bycatch or
   non-target species recorded section)
   - Kate will clean up the doc
      - Reviewing Landing Page
   <https://github.com/tdwg/hc/blob/main/docs/index.md>
   - Kate will write an abstract for this and the rest of the documents
      (e.g. https://tdwg.github.io/hc/list/)
      - Reviewing User Guide
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rX4m94rtZDR_8iIe3RvRnNYKDJcmSX3ii4S5hCznEA0/edit#heading=h.rr2lqlf80rn0>
   - Kate and Ani will revise and accept main changes

*We aim to have everything revised for Wednesday 23. So, now is the time to
wear your editor's hat!!*

Really looking forward to our next meeting and submitting the extension!!

All the best

Yani

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>