[tdwg-content] minimum/maximum elevation and depth - usage and priority?

Dean Pentcheff pentcheff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 03:33:52 CEST 2012

I was all ready to contribute this remark:
  For trawl-type sampling, these would likely be used for the
trawl-start depth and trawl-end depth. The implication of this kind of
usage is that the sample is not, in fact, a point sample, but linear.

But I have now realized that this is a misuse of those terms
(obviously start does not equal minimum, nor is there anything like
"startLatitude" and "endLatitude" in Darwin Core).

How does one handle trawl-type sampling (a single sample taken along a
line) in a Darwin Core context?

-Dean
--
Dean Pentcheff