[tdwg-content] Use of TCS [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Gregor Hagedorn g.m.hagedorn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 22:50:06 CET 2010

> Gregor,
> Should we consider a TCS version 2 with this capability?
> greg

I cannot say. In part I admit to bickering :-). But in part I think
yes, because xml schema is closer to the information management
capabilities of people like me than RDF and the open world assumption.
But then the semantic web is very powerful and enticing and I am
hoping one day to be able to use the potential as well.

The decision will be taken by those who invest their energy right now.
I wanted to point out that a lot of the limitations of SDD and TCS etc
are not a function of using xml-schema, but of the halted process.

Gregor