[tdwg-ncd] NCD wiki is available

Neil Thomson N.Thomson at nhm.ac.uk
Fri Jan 26 15:24:49 CET 2007

Hi all,

Grateful thanks to Ricardo who has ignited the NCD wiki for us all to
use at http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/NCD/WebHome

I have started to populate the pages and I hope that everyone will find
it useful as a document source and development tool. I have uploaded a
few files, which can be seen as attachments at the bottom of the main
page. Please feel free to upload your own presentations or other
documents too.

The first major discussion area is the upcoming NCD 2007 Workshop, for
which there is a separate page that we can use to develop the agenda,
travel information, delegate list etc. Please take a look and use this
as the practice page for editing.

I found the system to be very easy to use - the link to "Three easy
steps" is at the top of the main NCD page. There is much useful
documentation available via this link, of which the text formatting
rules at http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/TWiki/TextFormattingRules
is probably the most useful.

Once you have registered:
 - click on the EDIT tab at the top the page you wish to edit
 - click on the ATTACH button at the bottom of the page to attach a
file.

Have fun,
Neil

-------
Neil Thomson
Head of Data & Digital Systems
The Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, London SW7 5BD
Tel: +44 (0)20 7942 5294,
Fax: +44 (0)20 7942 5559,
Email: n.thomson at nhm.ac.uk
http://www.nhm.ac.uk