Expression of continuing interest

Bryan Heidorn heidorn at ALEXIA.LIS.UIUC.EDU
Tue Jul 18 18:58:51 CEST 2000

I guess that I have to reply now since I said I would.

I even read your treatment description proposal.

The material covered in it is all useful even if we can not agree on the
format
and extent of the list yet.

I do not see how we can avoid mixing data in a treatment. I'll need to go back
and reread Bob's comments on that. Generally I don't see how we can have a
standard that requires all fields to be reduced to finite states. Some things
will just need to be unprocessed (by the computer) text.

Perhaps people should propose which like items should be deleted, added or
modified (and how to modify them).

-- Bryan
At 01:12 PM 7/18/00 +1000, you wrote:
>To: other contributors on the SDD list
>
>Yes, I'm still out here, I'm a taxonomist and I'm still interested in
>contributing to the requirements analysis.
>
><Please reply to this message to register that you're still out there>

  P. Bryan Heidorn    Graduate School of Library and Information Science
  pheidorn at uiuc.edu   University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
  (V)217/ 244-7792    501 East Daniel St., Champaign, IL  61820-6212
  (F)217/ 244-3302    http://alexia.lis.uiuc.edu/~heidorn