[tdwg] Calling all collectors! iDigBio Survey on Biological Outliers

Stanley, Katelin kds15e at my.fsu.edu
Tue Feb 23 20:01:20 CET 2016

Calling all biodiversity specimen collectors and preparators!

iDigBio's Outlier Detection and Documentation by Collectors (ODD Collectors) Working Group would be grateful for 10-15 minutes of your time to complete an anonymous survey related to your experience with "outliers" (or "anomalies" or "oddities") in biodiversity collections.  For our usage, outliers are defined as individual specimens that differ from a previously documented or perceived general norm within a taxon in any biological characteristic such as morphology, anatomy, distribution, behavior, phenology, or ecology.  To participate, follow the link below.  We hope to see your response by March 22, 2016.

https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe1/form/SV_e2nOw1VWI25Rn2B

We would also appreciate your help in promoting the survey by forwarding this email to any interested parties, "liking" our iDigBio Facebook post (https://www.facebook.com/iDigBio/), and retweeting our iDigBio tweet (https://twitter.com/iDigBio/status/702178743956205568).

Please direct questions to Katelin Stanley (kstanley at bio.fsu.edu<mailto:kstanley at bio.fsu.edu>) or Austin Mast (amast at bio.fsu.edu<mailto:amast at bio.fsu.edu>).  Thanks for considering this request!

With best regards,
Katelin Stanley, Austin Mast, and the rest of iDigBio's ODD Collectors Working Group