[tdwg] Open call for participation in TDWG2010

Lee Belbin lee at blatantfabrications.com
Fri Jul 30 00:33:36 CEST 2010

>From Chris Freeland-

Registration is now open for TDWG 2010 Annual Conference in Woods Hole,
Massachusetts, USA, 26 September to 1 October 2010.  Visit the conference
web site for details, a link to registration, and to reserve accommodations:

http://www.tdwg.org/conference2010/

This year's conference program has been organized in response to the survey
of attendees from 2009 in Montpellier, France.  You can find the preliminary
program online at:

http://www.tdwg.org/conference2010/program/

The specific points we've addressed this year include:

* Providing opportunities for more presentations from more presenters. We
have opened the program via this call & have added a round of Lightning
Talks so that more people within our community can tell you about the
fascinating work they're doing.

* Finding a balance between time allotted for plenary sessions, parallel
sessions, and working groups.

* Combining an excursion with a 2-day biodiversity survey featuring a
variety of activities.  More details on the biodiversity survey will follow.

* More time during coffee & lunch breaks to allow for side discussions.

To submit an abstract for this year's conference, please follow the
instructions at:

http://www.tdwg.org/conference2010/abstracts/

Please direct questions to Chris Freeland (tdwg2010 [at] gmail.com or
chris.freeland [at] mobot.org) or Anna Weitzman (editor [at] tdwg.org).

Chris Freeland

Programme Chair, TDWG2010

Director, Center for Biodiversity Informatics, Missouri Botanical Garden

Lee Belbin

TDWG Secretariat