[tdwg] Public Review of TAPIR (reminder)

Piers Higgs Piers at gaiaresources.com.au
Fri Oct 16 04:12:13 CEST 2009

Public Review of TAPIR

TDWG would like to remind the community that the Public Review of the
TDWG Access Protocol for Information Retrieval TAPIR - a method for
sharing biodiversity information - is underway.  Since being officially
put forward as a draft, TAPIR has undergone a peer review, a review by
the TDWG Executive and multiple revisions.  We do need your input at
this stage, so please consider lodging a comment on this proposed
standard.

Open Invitation: We invite all who may contribute and/or consume
biodiversity information to examine this proposed standard during the
Public Review period from 10th September through at least until the 10th
November 2009.

How to Participate: You can participate in the review of TAPIR in two
ways; either through lodging a comment through TDWG's Open Journal
System, or you can take the Microsoft Word document and edit it with
track changes and resubmit it to the TAPIR Wiki space.

Details of this process can be found at
http://www.tdwg.org/homepage-news-item/article/public-review-of-tapir/
<http://www.tdwg.org/homepage-news-item/article/public-review-of-tapir/>

Questions about the process should be directed to me at
piers(at)gaiaresources.com.au.

Please share this opportunity for public comment and review with others
you think may be interested.

Acknowledgements: I'd like to thank the authors, the anonymous reviewers
and the members of the Executive Committee who reviewed the standard.
In addition, the guidance of Lee Belbin through the review process has
been invaluable and greatly appreciated.

Links expanded:

TAPIR Specification in HTML -
http://www.tdwg.org/dav/subgroups/tapir/1.0/docs/tdwg_tapir_specificatio
n_2009-09-08.htm
<http://www.tdwg.org/dav/subgroups/tapir/1.0/docs/tdwg_tapir_specificati
on_2009-09-08.htm>

Official TAPIR Website - http://www.tdwg.org/subgroups/tapir/
<http://www.tdwg.org/subgroups/tapir/>
Various TAPIR software packages -
http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/TAPIR/TapirSoftware
<http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/TAPIR/TapirSoftware>

Related Links:

TDWG: http://www.tdwg.org/ <http://www.tdwg.org/>
Other TDWG Standards: http://www.tdwg.org/standards/
<http://www.tdwg.org/standards/>
TDWG Standards Track (in OJS): http://www.tdwg.org/stdtrack/index
<http://www.tdwg.org/stdtrack/index>

Apologies if you receive this multiple times from various mailing lists.

Sincerely,

Piers Higgs, Review Manager

Piers Higgs

Gaia Resources