[tdwg] e-Biosphere 09 Forum on standards

Donald.Hobern at csiro.au Donald.Hobern at csiro.au
Thu Mar 26 01:11:03 CET 2009

Dear TDWG Members and Friends,

The e-Biosphere conference to be held this June in London (http://www.e-biosphere09.org/) aims to develop a roadmap for biodiversity informatics for the next 5-10 years.  As part of this, the conference organisers have established an "Online Conference Community" (OCC - see http://www.e-biosphere09.org/page/22/online-conference-community) to host a range of discussion groups, each of which is intended to produce a position paper to feed into the roadmap discussions.

One of these communities is for "Standards development and management" - see http://forum.e-biosphere09.org/viewforum.php?f=60.  I have just posted two messages to this group to try to foster some discussion on the future of standards development within our community.  Clearly this is all core business to TDWG and I would encourage you to participate in this forum and make your views known.

Many thanks,

Donald

[cid:127130500 at 26032009-2E97]

Donald Hobern, Director, Atlas of Living Australia
CSIRO Entomology, GPO Box 1700, Canberra, ACT 2601
Phone: (02) 62464352 Mobile: 0437990208
Email: Donald.Hobern at csiro.au<mailto:Donald.Hobern at csiro.au>
Web: http://www.ala.org.au/