[tdwg] Bioblitz at TDWG 2010?

David Remsen dremsen at mbl.edu
Sun Dec 6 22:07:27 CET 2009

Dear Joel

This is a resend of a mail I may not have sent properly, hence the repeat.

I wanted to add some thoughts on the BioBlitz idea but didn't want to clutter up the wiki page with it. Essentially I wanted to detail some thoughts on having a BioBlitz associated with a TDWG 2010 meeting in Woods Hole. I understand Woods Hole is one of the candidates for 2010 and, being a Woods Hole native, I got very excited at the prospect of it. I was already considering the possibilities of synergies with the Biomedical Informatics course that is held there twice a year and brings some of the best names in medical informatics to town in the autumn.

I assembled a document with some thoughts on a Woods Hole venue for the BioBlitz and put it on Google Docs.

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dgmbb297_673gvb58nfg

This is something that could be a very nice opportunity to showcase TDWG-related activities in a place that can supply both habitat, infrastructure, and expertise in a way I can't imagine other candidate places can. It also is one of the centers for the EOL and BHL and would, I hope, present them with a opportunity to play a role here as well.

I hope there is some merit in the idea.

David Remsen (GBIF)