[tdwg] The Global Biodiversity Information Facility and the TDWG Infrastructure Project

Lee Belbin leebel at netspace.net.au
Fri Nov 2 05:01:57 CET 2007

Apologies for cross-postings (but I didn't want to miss anyone!)-

The TDWG Infrastructure Project will complete at the end of 2007.
Significant advances have been made, among them establishing a common
architecture for standards and, as a component, the deployment of Life
Science Identifiers (LSIDs). A brief news item on advances is now on the
GBIF site-

http://www.gbif.org/Stories/STORY1193926152

Many are asking "...where to now for TDWG?" Donald Hobern, as the incoming
Chairman of TDWG will post a 'Vision for 2008' in the next week or so.
Donald is also stepping down from his role as Deputy Director for
Informatics at the Global Biodiversity Information Facility to become the
Director of the Atlas of Living Australia project. I'm sure that all those
who have had the pleasure of working with Donald wish him and his family
(very) well!

Lee

Lee Belbin
Manager, TDWG Infrastructure Project