[tdwg] Biodiversity Information Projects - responses

Lee Belbin leebel at netspace.net.au
Fri Jun 1 05:58:31 CEST 2007

Dear list members

Apologies for cross-postings.

We have had an enthusiastic response to the database of biodiversity
information related projects
(http://www.tdwg.org/activities/bioinformatics-projects/). Thank you.

We are now working on ways to improve the system based on your feedback and
a few new ideas. Changes should happen quickly, unless they require a lot of
work. We have now added definitions of the fields, will add the language of
the project as a new field and deal with acronyms in some way.

The projects can be of any size or scope (geographic or taxonomic or
function), as long as the project deals with the discovery, description,
indexing, aggregation, display or analysis/display of biodiversity data.
Does that cover it?

We have had a number of emails asking us to include unlisted projects. We
can do that, but it is preferable to email the contact of the project and
suggest they may like to create an entry. The project contacts will be able
to generate a higher quality record that we can do. We will also keep adding
new content and updating incomplete records.

I will be away for a month so please contact Piers Higgs
(piers at gaiaresources.com.au) with any questions, suggestions and feedback.
Piers is however moving his office next week, so be patient for a response.

Thank you

Lee

Lee Belbin
Manager, TDWG Infrastructure Project