TDWG 2000 meeting report now available

Ronen Kadmon kadmon at VMS.HUJI.AC.IL
Fri Jan 12 12:19:56 CET 2001

Dear TDWG members,

After reading the report of the TDWG meeting I thought that you might be
interested in our new project which attempts to establish a National
Biodiversity Information System based on GIS technology (BioGIS).
        The first version, which is already available on the Internt, provides
a lot of tools for querying, analyzing and modeling biodiversity data.
To the best of my knowledge, in terms of its functionality and query
system, it is one of the most sophisticated databases of biodiversity
available on the web.

The URL is:

http://www.biogis.huji.ac.il

Have fun!

Ronen Kadmon
Head of the GIS Center of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem

Georgina MacKenzie wrote:

> The report of the TDWG 2000 meeting (held in Frankfurt in
> November 2000) is now available on the TDWG web site
> http://www.tdwg.org .
>
> Georgina MacKenzie,
> Secretary, Newsletter Editor and Webmaster,
> International Working Group on Taxonomic Databases (TDWG)
>
> gmackenzie at york.biosis.org
> Telephone: +44 1904 642816
> Fax: +44 1904 612793
>
> 54 Micklegate,
> York,
> YO1 6WF,
> UK
>
> [Any opinion expressed here does not necessarily represent
> the views of BIOSIS UK.]
--------------4693FEC750E6517EA453A97A

begin:vcard
n:Kadmon;Ronen