[tdwg-tag] RDF/OWL Good Practices Task Group

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at nescent.org
Fri Sep 23 21:51:10 CEST 2011

Joel -

I've made a number of edits. These are in part to put the motivation
into a larger beyond-TDWG context, and in part to make it a little
more future-proof. The charter in places read (to me) more like a
workshop agenda than a charter, thus preempting decisions that the TG
participants might (want to) make to a degree that I wasn't fully
comfortable with. I've tried to make it take a step back.

I also removed the sentence about handing off to the TAG after one
year - while that may be what the participants indeed decide to do
after one year, it's not what I'd want ingrained in the charter, and
also a one-off mindset isn't necessarily what I'd like to start with.
More to the point, if the TG (or whatever its successor(s)) doesn't
maintain those documents, I'm afraid nobody will, and there is plenty
of empirical evidence around the TDWG site to support that.

	-hilmar