[tdwg-tag] string literals vs. uris for dwc:recordedBy, dwc:identifiedBy, and dwc:georeferencedBy in RDF

Peter Ansell ansell.peter at gmail.com
Thu May 20 01:51:24 CEST 2010

That isn't correct RDF/XML as far as I know, but the following two
options are...

<dwc:recordedBy
rdf:resource="http://people.vanderbilt.edu/~steve.baskauf/foaf.rdf#me"></dwc:recordedBy>
<rdf:Description
rdf:about="http://people.vanderbilt.edu/~steve.baskauf/foaf.rdf#me"><rdfs:label>Steve
Baskauf</rdfs:label></rdf:Description>

and (because the ontology doesn't tell you URIs are required)

<dwc:recordedBy
rdf:resource="http://people.vanderbilt.edu/~steve.baskauf/foaf.rdf#me"></dwc:recordedBy>
<dwc:recordedBy>Steve Baskauf</dwc:recordedBy>

On 20 May 2010 07:57, Jim Croft <jim.croft at gmail.com> wrote:
> wondering if
> <dwc:recordedBy
> rdf:resource="http://people.vanderbilt.edu/~steve.baskauf/foaf.rdf#me">Steve
> Baskauf</dwc:recordedBy>
> is legit?
>
> just a have your cake and eat it kinda guy...
>
> jim
>
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 7:41 AM, Kevin Richards
> <RichardsK at landcareresearch.co.nz> wrote:
>> From my understanding (and after reading the example Bob referred to), the difference is:
>>
>> [referring to external id]
>> <dwc:recordedBy rdf:resource="http://people.vanderbilt.edu/~steve.baskauf/foaf.rdf#me" />
>>
>> [inline text]
>> <dwc:recordedBy>Steve Baskauf</dwc:recordedBy>
>>
>> Look right?
>>
>> Kevin

>>> phone (+1)617 287 6466