[tdwg-tag] LSID Sourceforge URL & LSID Best Practices

Chuck Miller Chuck.Miller at mobot.org
Tue Sep 1 16:32:31 CEST 2009

Well said Jonathan.

Some persons must "voluntarily take on the burden to just "try very hard" to make domains used in URIs be well-behaved in perpetuity."

"Trying very hard" to make URI domains well-behaved is the work at hand and needs a lot more clarity and definition than we yet have. Whether those URI domains be LSID or some other, well-behaved will not happen by any other means than hard work by some persons dedicated to it. Who are those persons?  Who pays them?  It seems to me that GBIF is the logical place for the persons to do this "very hard trying."

Chuck