[tdwg-tag] [Lgtg] Re LSID-GUID

Peter DeVries pete.devries at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 18:31:58 CET 2009

Dear Rod,

1) At various times you have either dismissed the linked data approach or
advocated it.

2) You dismiss my efforts based on your lack of faith in the linked data
approach.

3) You later dismiss my efforts because I am not a "major player".

4) Then you advocate a linked data approach and a propose something which is
nearly identical to what I have.

5) You have made a number of spurious criticisms of other initiatives which
don't hold up under scrutiny, expecially when compared to your alternatives.

6) When an initiative make efforts to address your criticisms, you don't
acknowledge the change, you simply criticize them for something else.

7) You are either unaware of your changing positions and spuriousness of
your criticisms or you are aware and your comments are part of some sort of
strategy.

I may be jumping to conclusions about your motivations, but these are the
kinds of techniques others have used to instill "fear, uncertaintly, and
doubt" among competing alternatives.

A motivation that is not based on what is in the best interest of the
community as a whole.

Respectfully,

- Pete