[tdwg-tag] NCBI taxonomy in RDF

Paul Kirk p.kirk at cabi.org
Mon Jul 13 17:03:36 CEST 2009

surprised that the infrageneric ranks not infrequently used in Botanical
nomenclature are not included - viz. Section, Subsection, Series and
Subseries

And confused as to the logic of using 'varietas' and 'forma' when, for
example, kingdom is used rather than regnum ... I would suggest either
all Latin forms or both Latin and English forms of the rank terms.
Accepting that 'variety' has been used used as an alternative to what
might be the more correct cultivar.

Paul