[tdwg-tag] Ontology methods (was: Re: Embedding specimen (and other) annotations in NeXML)

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at duke.edu
Tue Feb 24 15:13:30 CET 2009

On Feb 24, 2009, at 7:07 AM, Roger Hyam wrote:

> I would stress again though that we need to think in small chunks i.e.
> not in terms of one ontology for biodiversity informatics.

I don't think that's different from the recommended approach within
the OBO Foundry. There isn't one ontology for bio-informatics or
genome informatics or medical informatics either :-)

What the OBO Foundry principles do say is that ontologies shall aim to
be orthogonal to each other.

	-hilmar
: Hilmar Lapp  -:-  Durham, NC  -:- hlapp at duke dot edu :