[tdwg-tag] FW: TDWG in 2009 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Gregor Hagedorn g.m.hagedorn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 16:41:46 CET 2009

I am very sad that we never managed to get into a deeper discussion
with the Nexus community.

I met Wayne Maddison once and presented SDD (which tried to include
NEXUS in the analysis, and contains several aspects specifically for
phylogenetics),  but I can understand that given their rather separate
phylogenetic group, they find it easier to build very closely on the
existing Nexus rather than searching for a combined view of DELTA and
taxonomic descriptions.

If there is any chance getting involved I might try to invest time
into it, but Hilmar Lapps email was the first time I heard about NexML
being at such a stage at all. I just do not cope following with all
the development.

Gregor

--
Dr. Gregor Hagedorn

This message is sent on a personal basis and does not constitute an
activity of the German Federal Government or its research
institutions. Together with any attachments, this message is intended
for the addressee(s) only and may not be redistributed without
permission.