[tdwg-tag] LSID Sourceforge URL & LSID Best Practices

Dave Vieglais vieglais at ku.edu
Wed Aug 26 19:06:48 CEST 2009

Looks like the site lsids.sourceforge.net is trying to execute
something. If that's the case, then I don't believe moving to google
code is going to help as I'm pretty sure they don't provide a hosting
service (that will run CGIs for example).

The first thing that really needs to be done is one of the project
developers/admins should log in to the project through the source
forge shell service and take a look at how the web site is setup.
Then figure out if the site can be modified to continue working under
sourceforge or if an alternative hosting service needs to be found.

Admins of the source forge project are listed right on the source
forge project page ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/lsids/develop ):

	• bhszekel-oss
	• kevin_richards
	• scachett
	• timrobertson100

To log in using a shell account:

https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Shell%20service

Then, when someone figures out the problem and solution, document it
someplace and put it under source control.

Hope this is of some help.

Dave V.