[tdwg-tag] LSID Sourceforge URL & LSID Best Practices

Blum, Stan SBlum at calacademy.org
Wed Aug 26 20:15:38 CEST 2009

> -----Original Message-----
> From: tdwg-tag-bounces at lists.tdwg.org [mailto:tdwg-tag-
> bounces at lists.tdwg.org] On Behalf Of Dave Vieglais
> Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 10:58 AM
> To: Bob Morris
> Cc: tdwg-tag at lists.tdwg.org
> Subject: Re: [tdwg-tag] LSID Sourceforge URL & LSID Best Practices
>
> See also:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sitelegal/wiki/Terms%20of
> %20Use#a4.NOUNLAWFULORPROHIBITEDUSE

Right, so given that SourceForge is also based in the US, they are also obliged to impose the same restrictions.  The restricted access issue doesn't distinguish SourceForge and GoogleCode.

We need to hear from the admins of the SourceForge site.  It could be that when it was established, the thought was that LSID would be broader than the biodiversity community.  I don't know what the status of LSID in other communities is, but I have a feeling we may be on our own now.  Therefore, the rationale for NOT running the primary resolver at GBIF may have faded.  Tim?  Donald?  Kevin?

-Stan