[tdwg-tag] LSID Sourceforge URL & LSID Best Practices

Roderic Page r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk
Wed Aug 26 21:06:05 CEST 2009

My comments about SourceForge are based on my experience using it as a
developer 3-4 years ago (the SSH setup was horrific, it might be
better now) and as a user (the site is big, slow, and ugly).

Re terms of service, I think this is simply an excuse for not doing
anything. I suspect that the citizens of Cuba, Iran, Libya, North
Korea, Sudan and Syria have more pressing things to worry about that
whether they can access the LSID site (which at present, nobody can).

Regards

Rod

On 26 Aug 2009, at 19:26, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> On Aug 26, 2009, at 1:46 PM, Bob Morris wrote:
>
>> Residents of which, if any, of these countries are ineligible to be
>> TDWG members?
>

> Just a question: in which country is TDWG incorporated? I hope not
> in the US?
>
> Because otherwise there is in fact court precedent that they are
> ineligible (though it has remained a sticky issue and a lawyer would
> need to scrutinize it if you really want to know).
>
> 	-hilmar
> : Hilmar Lapp  -:-  Durham, NC  -:- hlapp at duke dot edu :

Roderic Page
Professor of Taxonomy
DEEB, FBLS
Glasgow G12 8QQ, UK