[tdwg-tag] darwin core terms inside tdwg ontology

David Remsen dremsen at mbl.edu
Mon Apr 27 15:46:40 CEST 2009

Kevin,   Can you tell me what the limitations are on being able to
exchange taxonomic information with the DwC terms?  As far as I can
tell, you can exchange fairly complex taxonomic information short of
concept-to-concept relations and I find the DwC-with-extensions
approach we are using to exchanging information tied to taxa (not
instances of taxa) to be a nice and practical compromise between
complexity and practicality.   My understanding is that the IPT can
output TCS/RDF for those who want it.   I am personally very happy to
see the DwC taxon terms added.  Finally I can provide format
specifications that biologists can understand.

David Remsen