[tdwg-tapir] Updates and plans

Renato De Giovanni renato at cria.org.br
Thu Sep 18 15:28:34 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I finally managed to update the TAPIR specification to reflect the last
issues discussed in this mailing list:

http://www.tdwg.org/dav/subgroups/tapir/1.0/docs/TAPIRSpecification_2008-09-18.html

I also updated the network builders' guide to include references to the
new resources (TapirTester and TapirBuilder) and to recommend the new CNS
encoding in XML instead of the old text file:

http://www.tdwg.org/dav/subgroups/tapir/1.0/docs/TAPIRNetworkBuildersGuide_2008-09-18.html

The official links are already redirecting to these documents.

I think it's time to consider submitting TAPIR to the TDWG standards
track, but my feeling is that we should first wait for the annual meeting
since we're close to it anyway. There's no subgroup meeting planned for
TAPIR this year, but the TDWG annual meeting is always an opportunity for
most people here to interact and to see if there are any specific
improvements we should still make in the protocol.

I've been taking notes of additional changes that we could possibly make
before finishing version 1.0. I'll try to organize this in the Wiki during
the next days and I'll give you the link. We can then revise the list of
possible changes and decide together what we should do.

Please let me know if you have any ideas about this. I think we should
definitely finish TAPIR 1.0 this year and try to make it a TDWG standard.

Best Regards,
--
Renato