[tdwg-tag] Are DOIs expensive?

Roderic Page r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk
Tue Nov 25 18:09:03 CET 2008

George Garrity (NamesforLife©) attended the first TWWG/GBIF GUID
meeting, and thought we were all crazy. He's using DOIs for Bacteria,
e.g. http://dx.doi.org/10.1601/nm.820

There's a list of DOIs for bacterial names at http://www.taxonomicoutline.org/

I've not seen anybody use these outside Garrity himself. NCBI, for
example, doesn't use them.

Regards

Rod

Roderic Page