[tdwg-tapir] Tapir protocol - Harvest methods?

Renato De Giovanni renato at cria.org.br
Wed May 14 20:18:01 CEST 2008

Hi Kevin,

I'm not sure what exactly you have in mind, but I fully realize there's
great potential to implement other services on top of a TAPIR service,
such as you did with OAI-PMH. I see your implementation as a kind of
"protocol rewrite rule" written in a single script.

The LSID mapping is also an interesting idea, although in practice you can
only return content, not search on it, right? Anyway, providers are
certainly free to implement any new type of local mapping - nothing in the
protocol should stop this.

Best Regards,
--
Renato