[tdwg-tapir] Fwd: Tapir protocol - Harvest methods?

Wouter Addink wouter at eti.uva.nl
Fri May 16 10:49:23 CEST 2008

Hi,
I welcome the idea of creating dumpfiles for more efficient harvesting.
We've created such an option in the NCD toolkit and are working on dumpfiles
also in the CPT (Checklist Provider Tool). The best format depends on the
usage, probably an option to create dumpfiles in either cvs, json or xml
would be the most flexible. And maybe an option to dump only the information
that is useful for caching. Is it perhaps a good idea to discuss this also
in a wider audience at the next TDWG annual meeting? I agree with Renato
that it could be nice to show this option in tapir capabilities.

Wouter