[tdwg-tapir] TAPIR & HTTP

Renato De Giovanni renato at cria.org.br
Wed Jun 4 18:37:31 CEST 2008

Hi Wouter,

Yes, the information I've got is that when there's an attempt to
index a specific provider (don't know which one) the connection is
immediately closed because the request is in HTTP/1.0.

I guess it's some Web Server/Firewall/Proxy setting because of this
kind of thing:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2007OctDec/0352.html

As far as I know it's the first time it happens, but maybe it will
become more frequent in the future. Anyway, it's an opportunity for
us to improve the documentation.

Regarding the complexity of HTTP/1.1, I suppose that most TAPIR
clients are using/will use third-party libraries to make the HTTP
calls. As a example, tapirChirp uses the PHP PEAR HTTP library, which
defaults to HTTP/1.1, and also supports compression if the zlib
extension is loaded.

Best Regards,
--
Renato