[tdwg-tapir] Release of "TapirBuilder" tool (now hosted on the TDWG site)

THEETEN Franck franck.theeten at africamuseum.be
Thu Jul 17 12:30:47 CEST 2008

Dear all,

We are proud to announce the first release of the "TapirBuilder" tool.

This application allows the user to define templates facilitating the
configuration of new TAPIR networks, or networks that need to interact
with TAPIR providers.

It can

-Display the nodes of a response structure in a treeview and produce a
TAPIR output model which maps this response structure to the available
conceptual schemas defined in a CNS document.

-Produce templates for inventory and search queries from schemas and
concepts defined in a CNS document.

You can access this tool on the TDWG website:

http://tapir.tdwg.org/builder/

This URL also provides you with a default CNS document.

This tool owes a lot to the TapirLink provider and the TapirChirp
libraries developed by Renato. I would also like to thank Renato for his
huge technical contribution and its assistance when developing and
testing the tool. Lee, Ricardo, Patricia Mergen for the initiative and
implementation of the project which took place in ideal conditions and
Bart Meganck for his help and insights when conceiving the tools.

Don't hesitate to contact us for any suggestions for improvements.

Best regards,

Franck

Database Manager
Royal Museum for Central Africa <http://www.africamuseum.be/>
Department of African Zoology
Leuvensesteenweg, 13
3080 Tervuren, Belgium
Tel.: +32 2 769 56 24

This message has been scanned by ICT - Africa Museum