[tdwg-guid] taxon concepts in dublin core

Robert Huber rhuber at wdc-mare.org
Wed Feb 13 21:18:49 CET 2008

Thank you Kevin!

Yes you are right, it makes no sense trying to map TCS to DC completely, I
was just trying to find a way to offer something in DC which makes most
sense.

I was thinking of something like this:

<metadata>
<oai_dc:dc xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc/
http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc.xsd">
<dc:format>text/html</dc:format>
<dc:publisher>Stratigraphy.Net http://taxonconcept.stratigraphy.net
</dc:publisher>
<dc:type>Taxon Concept</dc:type>
<dc:title>Globorotalia mendacis</dc:title>
<dc:date>1969</dc:date>
<dc:creator>Blow</dc:creator>
<dc:identifier>
http://taxonconcept.stratigraphy.net/taxon_details.php?show_all=1&taxid=1056
</dc:identifier>
<dc:source>
Quilty, P.G.. (1976):  Planctonic foraminifera DSDP Leg 34- Nazca Plata .
DSDP initial reports Vol. 34
</dc:source>
<dc:relation>Globorotalia (Turborotalia) mendacis Blow 1969</dc:relation>
<dc:subject>Eukaryota</dc:subject>
<dc:subject>Protoctista</dc:subject>
<dc:subject>Granuloreticulosa</dc:subject>
<dc:subject>Foraminifera</dc:subject>
<dc:subject>Globigerinida</dc:subject>
<dc:subject>Globorotaliaceae</dc:subject>
<dc:subject>Globorotaliidae</dc:subject>
<dc:subject>Globorotalia</dc:subject>
<dc:subject>Globorotalia mendacis</dc:subject>
</oai_dc:dc>
</metadata>

where I put the informtion about the taxon  in the title, creator and date
fields, the subject fields contain the classification and the relation tag
contains e.g synonymy info . The source tag would contain the reference of a
taxon concept.
Does this make sense?

Robert

e-mail rhuber at wdc-mare.org